Learn more about us
We are a leading provider of out of school childcare working in partnership with schools to deliver a high quality experience for families across Hampshire.
Kelly has been working in the childcare industry since 1991, working as a nursery nurse initially but going on to become a childrens nanny for 2 local families, one of which she is still in contact with 18 years on.
In the year 2000 after starting a family of her own, Kelly set up business as an ofsted registered childminder in her local village of Hamble where she provided care for many local families but it wasn't long before demand outweighed space.
Creative Kidz first out of school club was developed and established in July 2004. The setting was based within Hamble Memorial hall, initially caring for 24 primary school age children who attended after school sessions during term time only. Within a few months, the club was fully booked with a waiting list!
We initially employed 3 team members – one play-leader and two play assistants. We registered with Ofsted, and the outcome of our initial inspection was “Good”
Within a year the demand had increased and we needed to expand therefore we approached our local primary school in Hamble who offered us the opportunity to relocate. This enabled us to increase our intake to 32 children!
Our reputation as a quality provider was growing and by January 2009 following an approach from the Head teacher we opened our second club within Netley Abbey Junior School catering for both the infant and junior schools. This club is now so succesful that we have expanded and now run from both schools on the site.
We now run from 5 sitesin and around the Southampton area of Hampshire.
- The Federation of Bursledon C of E (C) Infant and (CE) Junior Schools
- Hamble Primary School
- Netley Abbey Infant and Junior Schools
- St John the Baptist C of E Primary School
- Swanmore C of E Primary School
All of our settings are registered with Ofsted Standard for Education, 3 of which have been judged as "Outstanding" and 1 is "Good". We are awaiting our initial inspection at 1 setting..
Brian and Kelly now have 4 children, aged 18yrs, 15yrs, 8yrs and they also have a special guardianship for thier Great Niece who is 3 years old.
As business partners, we are very pro-active and highly motivated. We share many responsibilities such as staff recruitment, training and development and administration. Kelly and Brian regularly attend each site conducting site checks, and ensuring that our staff team are fully supported in order to deliver the best experience for our families. They are also on hand to provide emergency staffing cover if and when necessary, this is something they particularly enjoy as it enables us to sustain links with families we provide care for on a personal level.
Our office is based in Hamble where we are assisted by our company administrator, Paula Taylor.
Paula has a childcare background going back over 20 years but in addition brings HR experience from having worked for a local company who provided and organised work experience placements for schools and colleges.
All of our staff have received Enhanced DBS checks and have been subjected to a rigerous recruitment process ensuring that they are suitable to work with children. and they are re-checked and monitored regularly as part of our ongoing staff development programme.
What we can offer you
Our Club's aim to:
- Help children develop their full potential through positive Social, Physical, Intellectual, Creative and Emotional (SPICE) experiences by providing a Happy, Stable, Secure and Fun environment where parents/carers feel confident to leave their children.
- Work in close partnership with your child's school enabling a continuity of care second to none.
- Creative Kidz maintain high standards at all times and to recognise values deriving from different backgrounds, i.e. racial, cultural,religious and linguistic.
- The staff provides a structured framework while at the same time endeavouring to ensure equal opportunity by meeting the needs of each individual regardless of disability or gender.
- We promote a positive relationship with parents/carers and work in partnership with them to provide High Quality play and care for their children.
- We undergo regular monitoring and evaluation of our services to ensure that the Club continues to meet the needs of children and parents/carers.
- We encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
- Creative Kidz offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the community.
Our Club is committed to meeting the needs of parents/carers by:
- Listening and responding to your views and concerns and constructivly dealing with feedback.
- Keeping you informed of our policies and procedures, including opening times, fees and charges, and the programme of activities.
- Sharing and discussing your child’s achievements, experiences, progress and friendships, along with and difficulties that may arise.
- Providing a high quality staff team who will support and care for your child as role models.
Our club is committed to providing:
- Care and activities that put the needs and safety of children first.
- A programme of activities that is interesting, educational, stimulating and of course FUN!
- Activities that promote each child’s social, physical, moral and intellectual development.
- Access to a variety of facilities and equipment under safe and supervised conditions.
- A staff team, which is experienced, well trained, valued and well supported.
- Services that meet the conditions of the Children’s and Families Act 2014, The Childrens act 2004, Every child Matters and all other relevant legislation, wherever they apply.
- An environment where no child is bullied or intimidated or suffers discrimination of any form.